Snorkeling Tour to Kisite Marine Park
Upon arrival at the Shimoni Jetty, you will board an Arabic Dhow and sail to Kisite Marine Park for swimming and snorkeling. On your way to the park, there is a very high chance of spotting dolphins. Naturally, dolphins are friendly so they will get pretty close to the boat and you can see them up close. However, these dolphins actually live in the open sea and it’s therefore not advisable to just jump in and take a swim. The captain and his crew follows them around and you will be able to see them to your satisfaction.
Kisite is the best and most accessible Marine Park in Kenya which also has a fantastic variety of fish and coral reefs. In the past, snorkelers have also been lucky enough to see whales and whale sharks. You’ll have the chance to snorkel to your fill in Kisite Marine Park before sailing to your private Coral Spirit Restaurant to sample and experience a traditional and fresh Swahili seafood lunch with chicken or vegetarian options also available for those who’d rather not have seafood.
This whole excursion tour coasts $115 with Coral Spirit. This amount covers pick-up from the hotel or villa in Diani or Mombasa, the dhow ride, Marine Park entrance fees, snorkeling equipment, snacks, water and beverages on the boat, seafood lunch and alcoholic beverages at the Coral Spirit Restaurant and a visit to the slave caves before you are dropped off back to your hotel. Diving in the Kisite marine park is given at extra $50.
This breath-taking marine park, without a doubt offers some of the best snorkeling and diving spot options in the world.
What to Expect
Enjoy Kenyan coffee, tea, and morning snacks on the boat, watching for dolphins, turtles, whale sharks, and humpback whales on the 40-minute crossing. Snorkeling equipment is provided, as well as life jackets and in-the-water help from snorkeling guides, if desired. Two snorkeling stops give you time to take in the remarkable wildlife that thrives on the coral reefs here, with large shoals of fish, moray eels, stingrays, plus time for snacks.
Following your time in the water, head to the restaurant for a seafood lunch of freshly caught crab and fish, served with traditional Swahili food and accompanied by alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks. After lunch, relax by the beach or in the garden sunbathing or reading your favorite novel, before meeting the driver for your transfer back to the hotel.
- Pick up and drop off from your hotel
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
- Fully owned and licensed boat with a captain and crew
- National Park fees
- Morning tea and snacks
- Cold soft drinks and water on board throughout the tour
- Professional marine guides and snorkeling/ diving instructors
- All snorkeling equipment hire including: Snorkeling masks, prescription snorkeling masks,snorkels, fins,life jackets and buoyancy rings. All our equipment is imported from the Netherlands and regularly serviced and replaced.
- Buffet style seafood lunch (vegetarian option available)
- All you can drink wine, beer and soft drinks in our Coral Spirit Restaurant
- Snacks (cupcakes, seasonal fruits)
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages (beer,wine)
- Beach towel
- Water friendly shoes
- Hat and sunglasses
- Swim suit
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Evidence of dive certification is required from all divers wishing to participate in a certified dive (fun dives available for non-certified divers). Dives incur additional charges.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers